The Hutton Building
South 9 Washington
Spokane, WA 99201
Standing as a premier landmark building, the Hutton Building has
been home to many top Spokane companies for almost 100 years. Its historical
elegance and modern amenities make it a desirable location to meet your
business needs. The Hutton Building offers a myriad of services to its
- State-of-the-art technology
- Prime downtown location
- On-site parking
- On-site coffee house
- Basement storage
- Flexible floor plans
- Easy freeway & North/South access
Built in 1907 by Levi and May Hutton with proceeds from their Hercules
Mine in Idaho, the Hutton Building was originally built as a four-story
brick and terra cotta building. Designed by John K. Dow, the Huttons
resided in their personal apartment on the top floor for many years.
The original fireplace and living room of the Hutton's penthouse is
now incorporated into CH2M Hill's offices. The building's top three
floors were added in 1910. Levi "Al" Hutton is most well-known for founding
the Hutton Settlement Orphanage, and was very supportive of his wife
May, who was a strong political activist, women's suffrage advocate,
and city reformer.
For Space Available in the Hutton Building
View of the Hutton
Building from Washington Street & First Avenue.
Detail of building.